The Delft clay casting method can also be used to cast almost any hard object including shells, sticks, acorns, seeds, pottery, existing pieces of jewellery, nuts, keys and other metal objects, nuts and so much more. You can bring along something you would like to cast in silver or use one of the many objects already available in the studio.
If you would like to make a more intricate or complex piece of jewellery that you carve yourself, then you might want to consider the Lost Wax Carving Workshop. Please note, lost wax carved pieces are not cast in our Studio, and are cast in Birmingham.
This is a Flexitime class, which means the teacher can run this class around your schedule.
Number of people in a Flexitime class. You need to be a group of 2.
Day notice required in a Flexitime class. 4 day notice
Days available in a Flexitime class. WEDNESDAY TO SATURDAY.
Duration: 1 lesson, a total of approximately 5 hours
Location of a Flexitime class. Liverpool, L3 3QE
The full payment is required to secure your place.
Drop us an email for let us know the day and the starting time more convenient for you (please note the duration of this class is 5 hours).
Please wear comfortable “work” clothes, with full closed toed shoes, long hair tied back, and no scarves or sleeves that could present a hazard. We have ample free street parking in front of the studio.
Here are the 7 reasons why our workshops are a great choose for you:
- This workshop takes only one day.
- All tools, equipment, instructions and materials (including Sterling Silver) are included.
- Work with Sterling Silver (not copper) or for an additional fee, Gold.
- Make a piece that suits your taste.
- Our classes are small with a maximum of 6 people, and we don’t have a minimum. So, you will receive a lot of help.
- You will have a coffee/tea or soft drink with a snack/piece of cake or toast at Cafe Riccardo on your break (included on the fee).
- As we have no minimum of assistants to the workshop we can be very flexible (mornings, evenings, weekends).
JEWELLERY WORKSHOP’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Health and Safety
For health and safety issues, persons with long hair will be asked to tie up their hair, and close-toed shoes should be worn during the making process.
In the case of accidentally causing minor cuts, not to worry, we have a first-aid kit in our gallery at all times.
Apply for Class
Reservations has to be made for all classes in advance:
- For weekdays, please confirm your reservation with us the week before
- For weekends, we advise our clients to reserve your bookings 2 weeks ahead, since weekends are usually very popular.
Full payment has to be made before booking (either in person or bank transfer). If you wish to change your booking after it has been confirmed, please inform us 2 days before the original date of appointment. We allow no more than twice for an individual client to change their booking.
In the case of absence during confirmed workshop time, we regret to inform you that those clients will not be refunded.
Please note, the minimum of assistant per class must be 6 people. If we don’t get that minimum the workshop can be cancelled or regrouped.
All our workshops are conducted by a professionally trained designer-maker and capable of teaching the workshops in English and Spanish.
Workshops are held at Make, located on the historical Liverpool North Docks – 37 Regent Street. L3 7BN.
If you have any question, please don’t hesitate in contact us, we will be happy to help.